07 December 2010

Hitler or Sarkozy?

THERE'S NO REAL good set up for this, so enjoy:
Julia: Dad, was Hitler really short?
Me: Actually, I'm not sure. I don't think he was unusually short.
Julia: Oh wait, I'm thinking of Sarkozy.
To be fair, there was some context for this brief discussion that we had in the car this evening on the way home from a flute lesson. Julia was telling me that she thought today was an anniversary for something and I told her it was the day Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese back in 1941. That got us into a brief discussion of how the attack led the US into World War II, which was fought against the Germans, who were led by one Adolf Hitler, yada yada yada.

So that explains the Hitler question -- but I'm still trying to see how she went from there to Sarko?

3 comments :

Stephan said...

Sounds like a Mel Brooks musical

Michel said...

Maybe it is all the negative press about Sarkozy and strikes over changes to retirement plans in France.

Vic Heaney said...

Hitler was 5 feet 9 inches and weighed 150 pounds.

He committed suicide the day my youngest brother Paul was born. If you had tried to get a word in while in Paul's company, you would understand that.