10 February 2010

1 Meter of Snow +

WHY UPDATE WHAT'S going on in our life when I can show photos of the record snowfall in our hometown of Washington, DC? We tried to get a feel for snow by heading up to a local ski station yesterday afternoon for an little skiing, but even on the top of the mountain, I don't think there was as much snow as there is now on the ground in the DC area. After nearly a meter of snow last weekend, they are getting hit again today with possibly another 30-40cm. Crazy. Here are a couple photos: the first is Kerri's parent's house (thanks for sending the photo), and the second is a snowboarder in front of the Lincoln Memorial in downtown DC, and the third is just a beautiful shot of the US Capitol building.


3 comments :

islandgirl4ever2 said...

I cannot EVEN imagine that much snow... I, as a native Californian, am having a difficult time just now with all the snow we've had so far this year! And, this will be 3 1/2 years in France for me...

Enjoy your skiing excursions!!!

Leesa

Corine said...

We only got a slight dusting here. I love the photo of the snowboarder.

Charlotte K said...

It's very pretty! But as the seat of our national government, DC needs to get some snow plows and its citizens some snow shovels so they can cope when this happens. I live in New England, and even for us this is a lot of snow, but ever since the blizzard of 78 we have cleared up big storms as they are happening.

I heard on NPR the other day that this is costing the gov't (hence us) $500m in lost productivity. $500m buys a lot of snow plows.