15 January 2009

14 Years? You Gotta be Kidding

I JUST SPOKE with Kerri who is at Reagan National Airport in DC waiting to board a flight to JFK at which time she'll board a flight for Nice. She and the kids stayed in the States an extra 10 or 11 days and have had a wonderful time relaxing and seeing friends. But I'm really happy that they're coming back.

It's funny, I was mentioning to some friends today that I'm not used to being in my own home by myself. I've done lots of travelling (especially in my previous job) so I've been away from my family for long (ish) periods before, but it was always me who was away. For the past 10 days I've been by myself in my own house -- and I've got to admit it's been a little weird. Kind of nice on some levels (quiet, relaxing, TV to myself), but mainly a little weird.

So I can't wait to pick up Kerri and the kids tomorrow. I'll have to give Kerri an anniversary kiss when I see her -- but one day late since our anniversary is actually today.
CJS

2 comments :

J Perry Stone said...

I THOUGHT so. Congratulations.

14 years? Holy schmoly!

Good job, guys.

jim said...

Happy Anniversary! Dana and I just celebrated our 13th!!