05 November 2008

Who Needs Sleep: Hometown Newspaper Edition

YES WE DID!
11:09am. I'll read the Washington Post online, but what I would really like to do this morning is sit inside 'my' Starbucks (4 Corners in Silver Spring) and read the Post from cover to cover.

[You'll have to pardon the next few posts -- just a little documentation of last night. John (my brother-in-law) and I stayed up all night and I think I can say that we won't forget this night for a long time.]
CJS

Late Update: The Post's editorial cartoon from today's paper:


3 comments :

Bruce Anderson said...

We got up about 4:30 and pulled up MSN on the internet (no tv here), we were nervous but so so happy when they announced he'd won. For the first time in a long time I will say that today I'm proud to be an American, we did it...history was made...change will come. Now it's time for a nap.

Senegal Daily said...

I am really enjoying reading your hour-by-hour following of the elections and reactions.

It's a good day, non?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, have enjoyed your political coverage. In case you want to see what other parts of the world think check out the New Zealand Herald's cartoon which my husband put up on our blog today.