02 June 2008

My Renewed Faith in HP

LAST WEEK I posted about Kerri's computer dying. This week I've been hearing from people who have had similar problems with their HP computers. My brother-in-law is having trouble with his, a former co-worker has had problems with hers, one of my students recently swore-off HPs, and the husband of La Vie Échangée even sent a comment to this blog saying he has had problems with HPs in his business.

But I'm here to tell you have found new faith in HP. I have seen the light and it is in the distinct shape of an H and a P. The next time I enter a church I will make an H and a P across my chest -- that's how much faith I have.

I sense some of you are not conviced. Oh ye of little faith! Let me share my experience (very briefly).

Kerri's computer just sort of died about 2 weeks ago. Not sure what to do, I phoned the customer service line in the US and they directed me to the HP offices here in France. After navigating through a maze of (French) operators, Kerri finally scheduled a pick-up for the computer. That pick-up occurred last Wednesday. Today -- a mere 4 working days later -- a van rolled into our driveway and delivered her computer. Completely fixed (new mother board) and with all her files intact.

Our HP laptop died. 4 days later it was resurrected. I have faith! At least until is crashes again.
CJS

3 comments :

Monique Geisler said...

either that, or until you get your 2,843,662 Euro bill.

Anonymous said...

That is impressive service. I just got off the phone with HP. They are sending a box for me to ship mine back. I'll let you know how the US service compares, and we'll be on the lookout for you again on Skype.

Cassoulet Cafe said...

My brand new HP died too...and I got a new motherboard. The wireless went out, that was the first indication. Service was fast as well.
But I don't know if i'd ever buy another HP