30 May 2008

Computer Problems...But a Good Start

KERRI'S LAPTOP IS dead! We don't really know what happened, but the new HP dv2000 laptop we bought just before moving here is now dead. Or perhaps I should say, like Billy Crystal's character in the Princess Bride, it's 'mostly dead.' The lights still come on and the cd drive seems to work, but there's nothing coming up on the screen.

But there may be hope -- thanks to the fact that is't stil under warranty. After a long conversation (and some routine tests) with the HP customer service lines in the US, they gave me the HP-France phone number and I placed a call. They told me to call back to set up a time to have the computer picked-up for service. So Kerri called on Tuesday...and the courirer arrived the very next day and took the computer for service, with a promise to have it back in about 7 days.

If this works, I'll be pretty impressed. Of course, there's also a good chance we'll never see the laptop again
CJS

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I have lost faith in HP laptops. My manager at the golf course has one and after 2 years the screen just starting going, going, gone. Those are expensive laptops and then they break like that? Ridiculous. I'm glad yours was under warranty, sadly, his no longer was...