09 January 2008

Last One, I Promise

OK. ONE LAST real quick comment on New Hampshire. I woke up at 3:00 to watch the returns (and, by the way, nearly fell right back to sleep during McCain's acceptance speech -- jeez, what was that?) and am now looking forward to what will be one fun month in American politics! By my count there are six legitimate candidates still standing after Iowa and New Hampshire -- a rarity to be sure. The first two elections have produced 4 different winners, which has only happened one other time since the modern primary process began...unless I'm missing one. The Democrats have had one winner who is a woman and one who is African American (the GOP winners have been...well...the same as they have always been).

I fell back asleep for a while at about 5:30 so I missed some of the speeches -- but I've been surprised at how much coverage the primaries have been getting on French television and radio. It's fun to hear French commentary about Ill-a-rie Clean-tone, and Bar-uk O-bam-ahhhhhhh.

OK, no more politics until Super-Super-Duper- Tuesday.
CJS

No comments :