16 September 2007

Still No Camera...

...WHAT A SHAME, because today we attended a Fete du Vintage in Biot, France and it was so much fun. The fete du vintage is something that is held all over France each year to celebrate the grape harvest season. Today's festival included a special church service, music, dancing, a procession of grapes (raisins) in a large wagon pulled by a horse, a large meal in the town square (lamb ravioli we were told), and -- of course -- free food and drink.

And we have no photos because our camera battery is lost!
CJS

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hello Scrivens. Les forwarded me your blog. I was interested to read about your great adventure. I am sure you are going to have a great time. Shirley and I will be staying at Les Mas De Chastelas in Gassin, not too far from St. Tropez from November 3 to 10. I have not spent much time in the eastern half of Provence for quite a long time. The furthest east I have gone the last two visits were to Aix en Provence and to Cassis. I will be arriving before that week and staying for a while afterwards to continue my hunt for a house in the South of France. Right now my search is centered in the western half of Provence, in the Cote du Rhone area and the Luberon and hill top villages and eastern Languedoc north of Montpellier. I definitely recommend you visit the Luberon, Gordes, Rousillon, the Abbey at Senaque and surrounding lavender fields, Vaisons la Romaine, Aix en Provence and Cassis. Anyway, take care! Michel Augsburger

Penny said...

Hello I just stumbled onto your blog :) The fête sounds wonderful. I look forward to reading more of your family's adventures

Penny :)

Anonymous said...

Always good to hear from Michel. We're only about and hour or so from St. Tropez. Good luck in your house hunting. People tell us the price are quite lofty.