- Fall means the hot, humid, summer is coming to an end
- Sundays in the fall mean NFL football games are on almost all day
- One of those games is the Redskins (our beloved, though terribly flawed, local team).
- Redskins games usually means a big meal with various parts of the extended family.
- That meal is always really good and may include: BBQ, Chili, or massive Mexican buffet.
Thanks to a promotion at nfl.com, I purchased a free week of something called 'Game Pass' -- a program that allows you to watch every NFL game on the internet in HD quality. Because of the time change, the first game of the day started at 7:00 French time and we got prepared. First, we put a large pot of Chili on the stove and let it simmer most of the afternoon. Then, at about 7:00pm we hooked up the digital projector to the computer and beamed football onto the wall.
Next up: whole family ate dinner while we watched football. Just like back home.
It was great.