10 November 2008

Post Election Downtime

I SPENT WAY too much time scouring the internet for political news in the past few months. I was like a cheap addict -- it really was pathetic. I suppose it's tempting to think I'm just being self-depricating or invoking some sort of blogosphere hyperbole. But I'm not. I was up way to late and up way to early on most days -- mainly because I was worried about the information I might have missed in the 5-6 hours since I last logged-on. I guess this is what happens when you don't have 24-hour news channels. I realized I was now in 'de-tox' last night when Kerri looked at me (during an episode of CSI) and asked why I didn't have the computer on my lap. 'What's the matter' she asked in a rather obviously mocking tone. 'Nothing to look at on the internet anymore?" And she was right. I didn't have any sites to check and recheck; no poll numbers to pour over; no videos to watch.

So I guess that's it. The election is over. What am I supposed to do now?

Work?

Spend time with my family?

CJS

Late Update: In response to a comment, here are the 5 sites I checked (and in this order) everytime I got onto the computer:


Oops, that's six.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I was on the internet all the time as well. What sites did you frequent?

Anonymous said...

What? No Daily Kos?

Penny said...

Ha ha, me too! The internet seems strangely empty now that I don't have to worry about Sarah Palin for at least 4 years! Time to find a new obsession....