28 November 2008

Censorship!

THE LOCAL ENGLISH radio station was offering a prize this morning for the best limerick to be sent in via email. The prize was a good one (150 Euro gift certificate for a great little restaurant in Tourettes-sur-Loup called Le Relais des Coches) so I hopped on the internet and made a submission. In the email I mentioned that I'd be in the car with my kids around 8:25 and could they read it then.

At about 8:28 the morning host mentioned that I had sent in a limerick and that I was driving my kids to school. Then he said, 'Unfortunately, I can't read the limerick over the air. But it is pretty good.' This didn't bother Patrick and Julia at all, they were just excited to hear their names on the radio.

So here's the limerick I sent in. What do you think?
There once was a man named Lancelot
At whom his friends would glance-a-lot
For whenever would pass
A wee little lass
The front of his pants would advance-a-lot.
Too much? Come on, you're telling me Howard Stern or Don Imus or Opie and Anthony wouldn't read that? I'd love to blame French radio, but the station in question is actually based out of Monaco. They're so uptight in Monaco.
CJS

6 comments :

jim said...

I can just see Kerri rolling her eyes at you Jonathan!!

French for a While said...

Every Day!

Monique Geisler said...

psssh the same country that shows nudity on television?

You should sent it to Adam Corolla out here (Mr. Stern's national, less scandalous, though still to some degree, replacement), I'm sure he'd read it on air!

kcinmd said...

Well, did you win?

Vic Heaney said...

Well, you rascal!

Here's one that's safe with the kids - and probably with the censor also:

There was a young lady from Hyde
Who ate apples until she died
The apples fermented
Inside the lamented
And made cider inside her inside

deedee said...

Hahahaha...That's the funniest limerick ever! and with all the naked ladies on billboards in France, you'd think they'd be able to say that on air.