07 May 2008

Le Chambon

WE SPENT LAST weekend in the western part of Provence (again) and the Massif Central mountain range, partly because my dad and his wife were visiting and my dad really wanted to visit the small village of Le Chambon. My dad’s interest in the village goes back to events that took place there during World War II. (You can read about those events here and I'd recommend a quick read because it's an amazing story). We also spent time in Orange and Avignon. Orange is quite stunning because of the 1st century amphitheatre that dominates the town. It’s a must see if you are ever in the region.

[Ed. note: If you read the previous post you’ll see a summary of the trip in French. Don’t get to impressed though. This was an exercise for our wonderful French teacher Barbara, and my original version looked nothing like the corrected version you see above. I’m also a bit embarrassed that it reads like a textbook geared for 8 yr olds.]
CJS

No comments :