13 April 2008

It's Pathetic, but We're Loving it.

I HAVE THE CanalSat satellite system on my television. I don't have the premium package, however, so I don't get NASN (the North American Sports Network),...except on my little preview channel. Now, let me explain: the 'preview' channel shows 20 channels simultaneously, each on screens that are about 2 inches by 3 inches. But -- and this is key -- these tiny channels cary full audio. And on NASN the audio is, of course, in English.

NASN is showing most of the NHL playoffs and right at this very moment Patrick and I are watching our beloved Washington Capitals play the Philadelphia Flyers. We're sitting about 2 feet from the TV and squinting a lot.

Pathetic? Yes. And we'll be doing the same thing every time the Caps are on.
CJS

3 comments :

Monique Geisler said...

Does this mean you get to finally watch baseball?!?!?!?!

French for a While said...

Yes. We get baseball on the little screen too. Go Orioles!!

jim said...

Go Caps go!!! And our beloved birds are doing battle over the next couple of days. How many times in last few years have we both been able to say that our teams are both ahead of the Yankees and Red Sox??!!

I always love April!!!