15 February 2008

Portis v. Lewis

WHEN YOU HAVE two weeks off in the middle of February (who does that?) you find new forms of entertainment. Today, Patrick and I took a couple of his figurines and created the following photographs -- with commentary!


Clinton Portis plows over Ray Lewis for a first down! (hey, we're Redskins fans, what did you expect?)


Portis leaps to avoid a hit by Ray Lewis.

The previous play but from a different angle.

Lewis nails Portis in the backfield for a loss of 3 yards (see, we're fair!)

'Personal foul. Facemasking. Number 52 on the defense. 15 yards. Automatic first down.'

Lewis lunges and gets Portis from behind. Boy, how many times have we seen Ray Lewis do that?

Portis is the lone set back, three recievers split wide. Campbell takes the snap, hand-off Portis to the left side. Great block by Samuels. Portis finds the whole with only Lewis to beat, and Lewis won't catch him. Touchdown Redskins.

Officially, this was something that Patrick wanted to do. But off the record, I think I had more fun than he did (and the photo idea was mine!) Those damn little figurines are pretty fun to play with. What's amazing about them is that the body parts don't move but they are designed in such a way that you can put them in a lot of different positions and they look cool.

Stay tuned for more photos because tomorrow we're going to play with Patrick's knights.

CJS

10 comments :

J said...

LOL those photos cracked me up. I love how real they look.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, those photos look real -- except for the cars in the background.

Anonymous said...

Promise me you'll do this with the Knights!

BlondeInFrance said...

my french boy randomly picked the seahawks as his favorite nfl team. i am trying to convince him to root for the redskins (i'm from greenbelt!) but no luck so far, he doesn't like the colors . . .

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I just found your blog at Poppy Field, I think. I've been clicking all over the place, good grief. But, I'm incredibly intrigued with HOW one gets the chance to pick up and move to the South of France. If Only!! It sounds like you're teaching...and what do you have to do to teach in France? I have a master's in teaching (and a BA in Political Science and French, but you'd never know it, now I talk potty training and manners), and have taught in American public schools, but currently am home teaching my 4 little ones. BUT, I have this crazy dream (if I could only talk my husband into it)...

Anyway, great blog, I love the photos. And I really like the Redskins, too. Very sad about the Sean Taylor tragedy, and sad to see Joe Gibbs go.

Anonymous said...

so, are you finally going to ski?

Monique Geisler said...

Wow, I can tell you guys really miss football (and you know which one I'm referring to here!) being over there in France :)

Roland said...

That looks like fun, but I think you have the wrong team. Portis obviosly learned from the best and now unfortunatly is playing for the redskins (note the use of small letters - LOL)

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Looks sooo real!! My French hubby is the biggest football fan EVER... we're not talking soccer.. I mean American football.. He should have been American... Great shots!!!-- Leesa

Anonymous said...

why is this the funniest thing ever!!! they look so real!!! miss ya. i just realized i will be long gone by the time you get back, i still expect a graduation gift btw.
LE